Monday, May 25, 2009

Camping adventure

This weekend was a big Korsvall family first: our first camping trip! We took advantage of the long weekend and drove to Raystown Lake in Pennsylvania, about 3 1/2 hours away.

We weren't exactly all camping novices... Eric's family camped extensively when he was growing up, and we went with seasoned campers Corey and Gillian. I admit that I was a little nervous about this trip. I had no idea what to expect. I just saw visions of bears rummaging through our food and snakes slithering into our tent. But luckily, I was wrong.

We packed our cars to their limits on Saturday morning and hit the road. When we arrived, it was time to pitch our tents and get settled.
Note the difference between Corey and Gillian's tent and our eight-person tent (yes, an eight-person tent for three of us), complete with double-high queen-sized air mattress and sleeping bag.To our surprise, our campsite was right on the lake, making it perfect for Eric and Corey to do some fishing...
and Emilia to do lots of lounging and reading.
Emilia loved everything about the trip, especially sleeping in her camo PJs and new sleeping bag...
eating outdoors...

enjoying the pool at the water park...
and playing mini golf...

We introduced her to s'mores, even though surprisingly, she didn't like marshmallows.
That's OK - more for us! And speaking of food, we had a feast! We made everything from chicken burritos to sausage and pepper sandwiches to steak and potatoes.

Before we knew it, it was time to pack up and go home. I wasn't convinced that the camping purchases we made were the best investments, but after this weekend, I definitely predict that we'll be going camping again!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

We're glad the camping adventure went great. The pictures look like you guys had a wonderful time. I like the one of Emilia in her sleeping bag...cute!