Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bye, bye crib

After our successful camping trip and two nights of Emilia sleeping well in an unusual setting, we decided it was a good time to transition Emilia into her toddler bed. Her crib converts to a toddler bed and then a full-sized bed, and our goal is to get her into the full-sized bed by the time the baby arrives. So, last night we took the first step. She was so excited that she could climb in and out of her bed on her own now. Even though the toddler bed has rails and is very safe, I kept waiting to hear either a big thump or the sounds of the toys in her room turn on in the middle of the night. But, nothing! Not a peep! She was still in her bed when I went to get her this morning. Hopefully this trend will continue and we'll be able to think about the full-sized bed in the near future.

1 comment:

Becky said...

can you believe Emilia is right around the same age Abby was when we met you guys??? Wow!
I remember one night we heard Abby in her room (around the time we switched her to her day bed) and I walk in and she had a HUGE pile of books all around her---I asked her what she was doing (age 2) "I'm reading!" yeah right...good try Abigail:) I walked away laughing and Greg had to discipline her!
.....by the way--congrats to you guys---2 girls...love it!!!!