I admit it – I stole this idea from our friends, the Simpsons. They each take turns treating their older daughter, Nina, on a regular date night. I thought we’d try this for Emilia. Wednesday was Emilia’s first date night with daddy. After picking her up from school, he surprised her with a dinner out at Chick-fil-A, her favorite restaurant. Then, he changed her into her PJs and drove to the Reston Library for this month's story time. It was a "pajama party" and featured books about bedtime. Emilia had a blast. She got to help the librarian and got a fuzzy wuzzy (which I keep thinking is a mouse every time I see it lying around) and some "sleeping dust," which she was particularly excited about. I hope we can keep up this special tradition for the girls!


Sunday, February 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It sounds like a fun date night. I think Mark and I look forward to the date night as much as Nina does! Glad to hear there will be some fun dates for you guys with Emilia in the future!
Post a Comment