Saturday, November 15, 2008

On your mark...

This morning, Eric and I had the great privilege of watching our BFF, Megan, complete the Richmond Marathon! Despite the overnight torrential downpour, morning humidity, crazy wind and, well, the 26.2 miles of torture (that's what running is to me, anyway), she did great!

All smiles right from the start...Running strong at mile seven...


Trudging along at mile 19...


The home stretch...
Celebrating with her husband, Mike, at the finish line...


Running a marathon is something I could never do, so I have the greatest respect for all of today's runners. Megan trained for months and she was a superstar today. Congratulations, Meg!


Best of all, Megan was running to raise awareness and funds for the dire hunger situation in Ethiopia. She and Mike are anxiously awaiting their first child, whom they plan to adopt from Ethiopia next year. Read her blog to learn about their adoption journey and the tragic living conditions in Africa.

No comments: