Saturday, November 1, 2008

Flight of the bumblebee

Happy halloween! Despite popular belief that Emilia would be a ladybug for Halloween after her ladybug birthday party, she actually celebrated this Halloween as... a bumblebee! We chose the bee costume because 1) Emilia can say bee (when she wants to), 2) it is nice and cozy and 3) it was $5 on Craig's List. Sold!

Our neighborhood goes all out for Halloween, complete with a parade led by a firetruck, balloons and hot dogs. Emilia's buddy Nay Nay (Nathan) and his parents and grandparents joined us. Here she is with Nay Nay getting ready to march in the parade.
She practiced her "buzzing" for weeks leading up to her debut as a bee, but I think all of the commotion made her a little shy.
She was definitely a little puzzled by her fellow bumblebee, her doggie friend, Lucy.
But, of course every bumblebee knows how to fly through the air.

Uncle Corey stopped by the see the bee... and then he headed out to a real party!

She definitely got into trick-or-treating. I mean, walking up to complete strangers, charming them and getting free stuff... what's not to love? She was tentative at first (click on "Our Videos" on the right to see her first trick-or-treating experience), but by the end she was saying "more, more!"

We returned home and finished the night with our traditional make-your-own jack-o-lantern pizza competition. Eric and I repeated our victory from last year.

I know she had fun because I have time to post this at 8:30 a.m. because she is still sleeping!

3 comments:

Monte & Wendy said...

Erin,

Emilia is such a cutie!! Alyce sent me your blog address and I am always checking Aimee's , so I added Emilia's to my Favs. If you want to contact Aimee, her blog is wecouldnotaskformore.blogspot.com.

I know she would love to see your blog of Emilia.

Take care. Love, Wendy and Monte

Amanda said...

Halloween sounded like a very fun day for the Korsvall family. I love the pizza idea, and Emilia makes a great bee!

Anonymous said...

i thought you might blog about the showing of the "Toys" that occured later. :)