Monday, March 9, 2009

Valentine's week

Earlier this year I was in a store and saw a cute little outfit with hearts on it that I thought would be perfect for Emilia to wear on Valentine’s Day. I resisted the urge to buy it (yes, I’m a changed woman, Eric), thinking that I could scrape together something in her wardrobe that worked for the holiday. The weekend before Valentine’s Day, as I was sorting through Emilia’s drawers and closet, I found some hand-me-downs and things Emilia hasn’t even worn yet that were perfect for Valentine’s Day – in fact, enough stuff to fill a whole week. So, here was Emilia sporting a different Valentine’s Day-themed outfit every day this week:

Monday (note the animal print is actually in the shape of little hearts) Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
On the actual Valentine's Day, we started with daddy’s heart-shaped pancakes with berries.
And our after-lunch snack was mommy’s heart-shaped rice krispie pop.

No comments: